2.8
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

I sent in 8 cards in which 7 of them were poorly graded. 6 cards were 1948 bowman basketball, all of which should have graded 7-8 mininum grades.

The best condition ones graded 6-7 and the ones that got an 8 grade should have been 7's. My biggest complaint was i sent in a 1979 topps wayne gretzky Rookie #18. All 4 corners are perfectly sharp, no creases. I had 5 card shops look at this card before sending off and they all stated it should graded a 9 execpt for one saying at least an 8.

I got the card back today and they graded it a 6!!

Im going to try and attach photos. I dont really know what to do about this being this is the first time I have actually sent in cards for grading, however i have bought and sold graded cards for years.

Product or Service Mentioned: Psa Dna Sport Card Authentication Service.

Reason of review: grading not consistant.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Turnaround time.

I didn't like: Grading was not consistant.

Comments

With the centering I think a 6 is appropriate for the Gretzky. Either that or an 8 O/C but personally I would rather have without the O/C designation.

IMHO, the centering should not have effected the overall grade. I think this is at least a 7 if not an 8.

to Aaron #1495860

Aaron......I am curious why you would think the centering would not affect the grade? How is it any different than other areas like surface or edges?

If it was perfectly centered but had print lines or a rough cut would you still think it should be a 7 or 8? Those are both factory defects like centering and diminish the eye appeal and desirability of the card.

bobbyw8469_52

I believe the centering got you on the Gretzky card. It does look nicer than a "6", but the grade does not surprise me at all, considering how off the centering is.